Week 13 has already arrived in college football and week 12 in the NFL. With Thanksgiving around the corner some teams have more to be thankful about than the others.
With that let’s get right into this week’s rankings:
5. Florida State Seminoles- By adding the Noles here, I may have just won the game for the Florida Gators. The Noles come from behind win Saturday against B.C. was highlighted by the 74-yard touchdown pass to Tamorrion Terry, who has become a substantial big-play threat for the team. FSU stayed alive in their search for the bowl-eligible sixth win to keep the streak going that has lasted since 1982.
4. FAU Owls- The Owls two-game win streak was snapped last week against North Texas. The duo of Devin Singletary and Kerrith Whyte Jr. was held under 100 yards each, though they did combine for three scores. The Owls let up a back-breaking 92-yard touchdown run late into the 4th quarter to the Mean Green. Still they have played well and won some recent games.
3. FIU Panthers- The Panthers did their job last week. After holding off a late comeback attempt, they beat Charlotte 42-35, and are now one win away from clinching the C-USA East division and a date with UAB for the conference title. QB James Morgan once again led the charge throwing for 268 yards two touchdowns and zero interceptions. Coach Butch Davis has done great job turning them around.
2. Florida Gators- The Gators also did their job last week and routed FCS Idaho like they were supposed to do. The Gators avoided any upset talk early with a pick-six to start the game followed by 21 more first-quarter points. QB Feleipe Franks had three touchdowns before heading off. Freshman backup Emory Jones got his first taste of real prolonged action throwing for two touchdowns. This sets them up to face rival FSU, where they look to end their rival’s bowl streak and win one in Tallahassee.
1. UCF Knights- The Knights did it, yet again, and this time with a crowd. When the lights got bright, UCF was still the same UCF. After going down 6-0 to the Bearcats due to a fumble in the end zone, the Knights would put up 35 unanswered points. RB Greg McCrae had another rushing touchdown, and QB Mackenzie Milton had four total touchdowns. The Knights will look to complete the perfect regular season on the road against rival USF. Though, as we mentioned before, it may seem more like a UCF home game Friday in Tampa.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers4 days ago
Bucs DB Hargreaves already in Bruce Arians’ doghouse?
Jacksonville Jaguars2 days ago
Jaguars reporter on Telvin Smith: “He’s got problem with them”
Tampa Bay Buccaneers1 week ago
Report- Bucs DE Pierre-Paul decides against neck surgery
Miami Dolphins1 week ago
Ndamukong Suh one of several still available free agents
Tampa Bay Buccaneers6 days ago
Bucs coach Arians knows rookie class must contribute
Tampa Bay Buccaneers1 week ago
Bucs will be without LB Kendell Beckwith again in 2019
Jacksonville Jaguars5 days ago
Mystery continues around Jaguars Telvin Smith’s status
Florida Gators1 week ago
Off field issues mounting in 2019 for Mullen- Gators