We roll out our latest edition of our Power Rankings. And yes, there is definitely a college based theme:
5. Jacksonville Jaguars- The Jags are here mostly due to the fact the Bucs were on BYE, and the Dolphins fell to Cincinnati. FAU and FIU haven’t done enough in the conference USA yet either. The Jags had a rough trip to Kansas City suffering their worse loss of the year. The Chiefs came into the game with a defense that was known to be the weak point of the team. They took that to heart and forced five turnovers. Since the impressive win vs. the Patriots, they have had bad games against Tennessee and Kansas City, and a thumping of the Jets. The Jags look to get back into the win column against the average Cowboys offense.
4. USF Bulls- Jordan Cronkrite ran for 302 yards, and three touchdowns and South Florida improved to 5-0 for the second straight season by beating UMass 58-42. The performance earned the former Gator the AAC player of the week. This was the third game in a row Cronkrite has surpassed 100 yards. Barnett finished 17 for 24 for 209 yards, with a touchdown and an interception. He once again didn’t have to do much with the ground game on point. The Bulls will be in action again Friday night against Tulsa on national television.
3. Miami Hurricanes- The Hurricanes drop a spot after they sure made last week interesting last week. They were close to letting FSU and Willie Taggart get his first signature win. Instead, the Canes found their mojo and broke out the turnover chain a few times, followed by 21 unanswered points, and all was well in the Hard Rock. N’Kosi Perry threw four touchdown passes and bounced back from early game struggles. The Hurricanes hadn’t beaten Florida State in consecutive seasons since 2003 and 2004, and still control their destiny in the ACC Coastal. They will take on the Virginia Cavaliers Saturday.
2. Florida Gators- Are the Gators back? Tim Tebow delivered a pre-game speech, so they must be right? They sure looked the part after defeating the LSU Tigers and we’ve moved them up. The defense continued to flex its muscles holding the Tigers to less than 200 yards passing. Lamical Perine was able to grind for 85 yards and two scores, and it was just enough for the Gators to win. Up next is a trip to Nashville against Vanderbilt a program they have struggled with in the past.
1. UCF Knights- Another week another game on the Knights roll. This is just becoming a regular thing like drinking water it seems. McKenzie Milton threw for 278 yards and two touchdowns, Adrian Killins rushed for 113 yards and a TD for the Knights in their win over SMU. The Knights got some help with a few top 10 losses and find themselves inside of it now. The question is: if the Knights continue to roll the way they are, can they crash the playoff party? UCF takes on Memphis in an AAC title rematch that will air on ABC at 3:30.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers6 days ago
Bucs get LB help signing Broncos Shaq Barrett
Tampa Bay Buccaneers3 days ago
Bucs have to create cap room creatively
Miami Dolphins2 days ago
Report- Dolphins trying to move DE Robert Quinn?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers5 days ago
Bucs grab veteran former Cardinals lineman Earl Watford
Tampa Bay Buccaneers1 week ago
Bucs add speed receiver Perriman after Browns deal fell through
Miami Dolphins1 week ago
Dolphins meeting with Teddy Bridgewater Wednesday night
Tampa Bay Buccaneers1 week ago
Bucs still seeking RB depth in free agency?
UCF Knights6 days ago
Three UCF football legendary names will enter their Hall of Fame