Another week has come and gone. And it was another week of several losses taking place in the state. With that being said, here is how this week’s rankings shape up:
5. FAU Owls- With almost every other team losing someone has to land at five. The Owls were spectacular in wiping out the FIU Panthers in their 49-14 win. Devin Singletary flashed his great abilities with 184 yards rushing and three touchdowns. Former FSU Qb De’Andre Johnson jump-started the offense with two touchdowns of his own. Lane Kiffin and FAU won’t get back to the C-USA Title game, but that was a quality showing against the local rival.
4. Florida Gators- It was a sad Saturday at the swamp. The Gators offense couldn’t get anything going. In fact, Kyle Trask came on in relief of Feleipe Franks and now the debate is who should be the QB? The Gators were on a nice run before dropping two games in a row now. Florida though still finds themselves 15th in the latest CFB Playoff polls. There’s still an outside shot at a good bowl game, too.
3. Miami Dolphins- Would you look at this?! Another team that actually, won a game last week. The Dolphins battled lousy field conditions in route to an ugly 13-6 win over the Jets. The defense forced four interceptions, one for a TD and Jason Sanders field goals got the victory. The win snapped a two-game losing streak for the Phins and gave them momentum into a clash with Green Bay Sunday.
2. FIU Panthers- The Panthers, did drop a game last week to FIU, but the body of work keeps them here. I know it sounds like the CFB committee right there, who I will get to later. At 5-1, coach Butch Davis and the Panthers can win out and still play for the C-USA title. So they do control their own destiny for that.
1. UCF Knights- The Knights were able to hold off the rally by Temple to keep the undefeated season intact. Four touchdowns from the returning Milton helped the Knights win 52-40. The problem was that the score was close. In the new CFB playoff rankings, the Knights sit at 12. LSU though is still in the top 10 after getting shutout at home. West Virginia had a great road win at Texas, but also hardly moved up.
As the weeks go by it seems more and more likely that UCF will not be a part of the CFB playoff or even sniff the top 6.
Miami Hurricanes7 days ago
Is Miami out of running for Alabama transfer QB Jalen Hurts?
Miami Hurricanes4 days ago
New Miami OC Dan Enos on defensive about how he left Alabama
Miami Dolphins5 days ago
Former Dolphins lineman Jonathan Martin will stand trial for internet threats
Miami Dolphins1 week ago
Adam Gase met New York media Monday and it did not go well