The end of November is here which means sadly the end of the college football season is drawing closer and closer. Conference titles will be on the line this week, and the NFL playoff picture is becoming clearer by the week. Some programs have vastly improved from last season, while some programs and franchises have sunk lower.
Those are stories for another time however and with that let’s break down this week’s rankings:
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- The Bucs were able to snap a four-game losing streak with the win over the 49ers, and played one of their better games of the season rolling 27-9. Granted it did come against the two-win Niners. Jameis Winston played a clean game in his first start, since becoming the starter again, which is a step in the right direction.
4. FIU Panthers- The Panthers fell just short of claiming the C-USA East division. Controlling their own destiny at home, the Panthers dropped the game 28-25 to Marshall. QB James Morgan had been great all season, but in this one, he passed for less than 200 yards and two interceptions. The Panthers though will go bowling once again, accepting a bid to the Bahamas Bowl. It was a good season for Butch Davis and company.
3. Miami Hurricanes- The Canes ended the season on the right foot handling Pittsburgh 24-3. Travis Homer had his way with the Pitt defense going off for 168 yards on only eight carries. QB N’kosi Perry was just 6/24 on the night and will look to improve on that in the bowl game. The Canes disappointed this season and questions came up about how Mark Richt managed the QB situation. Next season will be a big one for the head coach in Miami
2. Florida Gators- The Gators dominated rival Florida State Saturday in a 41-14 thumping. Feleipe Franks tossed three touchdowns, and Lamical Perine had 129 yards rushing with Jordan Scarlet adding 88 with both backs scoring once. The Gators had an impressive year under first-year coach Dan Mullen. It was also good on Mullen to stop his players from planting the Gator flag at midfield after Saturday’s win. The Gators could find themselves playing in a New Years six bowl this year coming a long way from a year ago.
1. UCF Knights- The Knights also dominated their rival beating the Bulls 38-10. They did lose in one aspect, when QB Mackenzie Milton was hit in the leg and had to be carted off and taken for emergency surgery. The Knights now ranked number 8 in the CFP rankings will now take on Memphis in a rematch of last year’s AAC title game.
The Tigers came the closest to defeating the Knights this season when they met at the Liberty Bowl. Darriel Mack will now take over at QB a player we hear has the tools to make the plays he will need to be on his “A game” come this Saturday.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers2 days ago
Bucs LT Donovan Smith fires back at fan video criticism
UCF Knights18 hours ago
UCF QB McKenzie Milton’s family gave update on his status Thursday
Tampa Bay Buccaneers1 week ago
Bucs clowned about “Draft Parrot” on Final Jeopardy Tuesday night
Miami Dolphins4 days ago
Hilarious videos and memes of Dolphins crazy winning play